Senior Digital Matte PainterOpen
- Using different techniques of 3D creation, photography and digital painting, the senior matte painter participates in the creation of CG elements and environments. In collaboration with the TD team, the SENIOR DIGITAL MATTE PAINTER is responsible for the creation of landscapes, skies, cities or set extensions and contributes to the photorealism and the integration of the CG elements/sets with the live action plates.
The SENIOR DIGITAL MATTE PAINTER has a great sense of observation and attention to the details. He/she has an understanding of the light that enables him to attain a high level of photorealism. He/she has an excellent knowledge of the VFX pipeline and understands the importance of working within deadlines while seeking the highest quality.
SENIOR DIGITAL MATTE PAINTER may also be responsible for exploring concepts from scratch and developing/proposing different avenues to the client before starting work on a shot.
- Participation in and possible supervision of the creation of 3D asset (modeling and textures).
- Creation of digital matte paintings and set extensions according to the style imposed by the artistic direction.
- Creation of matte paintings in separate layers for projection.
- Collaboration with the TD MPs for the development of the projection scene and the animation of the camera.
- Assist in searching and acquiring photo references and various inspirations.
- Organization of work for a close collaboration with the compositing department.
- Presentation of his/her work in dailies to validate the progress and the direction with the Supervisor and the client.
- Consciousness and respect of the schedule and project calendars.
- Continuous training or self-study in order to know the new tools and techniques available and likely to help his/her work and to evolve the studio.
- Minimum of (5) years of experience as a matte painter in the production of movies or TV series.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent knowledge of 2D and 2.5D projection techniques.
- Good grasp of photography, composition and light.
- Good grasp of architecture and mastery of the scale.
- Very good knowledge of at least a 3D software such as Maya, Softimage or Cinema 4D.
- Minimal capacity to do modeling and 3D texture.
- Excellent understanding of the VFX pipeline and the place that matte painting occupies.
- Good knowledge of Nuke.
- Efficiency, speed and good time management.
- Ability to accurately assess working hours.
Good communication skills. Good team spirit.
- Will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Clarisse (Isotropix).
- Knowledge of additional software; Mari, ZBrush, SpeedTree, World machine, VUE Esprit, PhotoScan ...