CG Generalist (Mid Level)closed
- Exceptionally skilled and multi-dimensional, the CG generalist has a primary strength in one 3D competency, but thrives using multiple tools and techniques across platforms. Our ideal CG generalist is involved in VFX creation with a focus on CG environment work. With broad knowledge covering every step of the VFX pipeline he/she can effectively contribute to asset creation as well as shot work from layout to pre-comp.
- Involved in asset creation with other members of the team (modeling, shading and textures).
- Start shot work from “blank page” using camera match move to begin layout process and blocking.
- On full CG shots, design camera moves as well as layout and technical animation blocking.
- Generate hard surface animation such as vehicles, spaceships or props.
- Assist with developing the look of a sequence with Supervisors and Art Director.
- Proficient in multiple areas of the CG and VFX pipelines and workflows.
- Complete high-quality work on time and to specification.
- Creative and proactive in executing and assisting on all shots in a sequence.
- Develop solutions and techniques that facilitate and accelerate the production.
- Capacity to make creative decisions and use independent judgment.
- Work closely with Supervisor to establish and develop tools and processes.
- Work with Production to prioritize tasks.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in high-end CG.
- Ability to adapt and problem solve in a variety of CG Generalist roles.
- Great understanding of camera projection techniques to assist digital matte painters.
- Thorough understanding of most CG techniques and technologies.
- Proven and in-depth knowledge of Softimage and/or Maya, Photoshop & Nuke.
- Knowledge of Clarisse (Isotropix) is a big plus.
- Knowledge of additional software such as Houdini, Mari, ZBrush, SpeedTree, World machine, VUE Esprit, or PhotoScan will be considered an asset.
- Quick learner and proactive in picking up proprietary tools.
- Must be a team player and able to work creatively with Supervisors.
- Self-motivated and optimistic problem solver; solid time management
- Good communication skills with colleagues and production team.
- 1-3 years related experience.